This Page

has been moved to new address

we would love to see you in Seattle

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
/* Primary layout */ body { margin: 0; padding: 0; border: 0; text-align: left; color: #554; background: #692 url(http://www.blogblog.com/moto_son/outerwrap.gif) top center repeat-y; font: Trebuchet;serif } img { border: 0; display: block; } /* Wrapper */ #wrapper { margin: 0 auto; padding: 0; border: 0; width: 692px; text-align: seft; background: #fff url(http://www.blogblog.com/moto_son/innerwrap.gif) top right repeat-y; font-size:80%; } /* Header */ #blog-header { color: #ffe; background: #8b2 url(http://www.blogblog.com/moto_son/headbotborder.gif) bottom left repeat-x; margin: 0 auto; padding: 0 0 15px 0; border: 0; } #blog-header h1 { font-size: 24px; text-align: left; padding: 15px 20px 0 20px; margin: 0; background-image: url(http://www.blogblog.com/moto_son/topper.gif); background-repeat: repeat-x; background-position: top left; } #blog-header p { font-size: 110%; text-align: left; padding: 3px 20px 10px 20px; margin: 0; line-height:140%; } /* Inner layout */ #content { padding: 0 20px; } #main { width: 400px; float: left; } #sidebar { width: 226px; float: right; } /* Bottom layout */ Blogroll Me! #footer { clear: left; margin: 0; padding: 0 20px; border: 0; text-align: left; border-top: 1px solid #f9f9f9; background-color: #fdfdfd; } #footer p { text-align: left; margin: 0; padding: 10px 0; font-size: x-small; background-color: transparent; color: #999; } /* Default links */ a:link, a:visited { font-weight : bold; text-decoration : none; color: #692; background: transparent; } a:hover { font-weight : bold; text-decoration : underline; color: #8b2; background: transparent; } a:active { font-weight : bold; text-decoration : none; color: #692; background: transparent; } /* Typography */ #main p, #sidebar p { line-height: 140%; margin-top: 5px; margin-bottom: 1em; } .post-body { line-height: 140%; } h2, h3, h4, h5 { margin: 25px 0 0 0; padding: 0; } h2 { font-size: large; } h3.post-title { margin-top: 5px; font-size: medium; } ul { margin: 0 0 25px 0; } li { line-height: 160%; } #sidebar ul { padding-left: 10px; padding-top: 3px; } #sidebar ul li { list-style: disc url(http://www.blogblog.com/moto_son/diamond.gif) inside; vertical-align: top; padding: 0; margin: 0; } dl.profile-datablock { margin: 3px 0 5px 0; } dl.profile-datablock dd { line-height: 140%; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #8b2; } #comments { border: 0; border-top: 1px dashed #eed; margin: 10px 0 0 0; padding: 0; } #comments h3 { margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: -10px; font-weight: normal; font-style: italic; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; } #comments dl dt { font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; margin-top: 35px; padding: 1px 0 0 18px; background: transparent url(http://www.blogblog.com/moto_son/commentbug.gif) top left no-repeat; color: #998; } #comments dl dd { padding: 0; margin: 0; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

greenbanner

01 October 2010

we would love to see you in Seattle

from the book IV

We are home from New York, exhausted and happy, our minds expanded and our biceps built from carrying Lu in her stroller up and down sets of subway steps.

I can't write much now. Next week, I want to share it all more fully, when I have processed photos and find a way to put words to one of the most beautiful experiences of my life.

(Besides, I'm pretty punch drunk tired right now. Strange sentences could slip out soon. I'll be pithy tonight.)

All I can say in this groggy state is that our 8 days in New York were filled with a specific joy — the joy of meeting you. Whether it happened at a picnic in Central Park, or in a small stuffy classroom, or the farmers' market on a sunny morning, Danny and I had the chance to shake your hands (or hug you) and hear your stories. We shared food and felt connected.

Seattle, we want to do the same with you.

Tomorrow, Saturday October 2nd, at noon, we will be at the Aurora Village Costco.

We are slap happy grinning that our book is being sold at the Costcos in Washington State. As you might have seen, cookbooks at Costco come in tall piles. If our book is in Costco, we might sell a bunch of copies, which might inspire good cooking in a lot of kitchens.

If our cookbook sells well at Costco in Washington State, it's possible the company might take it national. The idea of that makes me a little faint.

So, if you are in this area, and you think you might buy our book, would you consider buying it at a Costco?

And if you are in this area, would you consider coming out to hear us read and sign books?

Thank you!


On Sunday October 3rd, from 3 to 5, we're having a party at Danny's restaurant on Vashon.

The owner of The Hardware Store, a wonderful woman named Melinda, believes in Danny and our cookbook. She's throwing us a party and you are invited!

We are most excited about this island celebration.

You can read all the details here at Brown Paper Tickets, as well as purchase tickets in advance.

But here is the gist of it:

THE HARDWARE STORE
3 to 5 pm
5 tasty treats from the cookbook (including gluten-free focaccia)
a signature cocktail
a great party!

Tickets are $25 per person or $50 if you want a copy of the book (sold by Books by the Way).

You can buy tickets at the door. If you want to be sure to get in, buy your ticket at Brown Paper Tickets.

We hope to see you there.

32 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger Iris said...

I'm checking out the bus schedule now... :)

 
At 6:10 AM, Anonymous Ina said...

Hi Shauna and Danny - wish we could come - just too much going on in our world here on Vancouver Island. But have to say, I just got your book from Amazon...I am reading and savoring (no pun intended) every page...almost finished, then I want to start cooking. Thanks for your lovely cook book!

 
At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today I received a package in the mail from my sister for my birthday. It was your cook book. I am giddy like a kid as I thumb through the pages that display the beautiful photograph and deletable recipes. I cannot wait to get in my kitchen and try out some of the recipes.

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

Congratulations on getting you book into Costco! I just got my copy (from Amazon. I'm enjoying reading about your sweet love story, and I'm looking forward to trying your recipes.

I would so love to come see you today, but I have another commitment for the day.

Have a fun day!
Cindy

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Nina Laden said...

Happy you are home! Maybe, just maybe if we are packed for our trip to NYC (leaving early Monday) we can try to come to Vashon on Sunday. I'll have to run it up the flag pole and see if it flies.

Huge congratulations and hugs at any rate!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Brianne said...

Wish I could make it to Costco today, but I don't think I can drive that fast. Best of luck to you with those lovely stacks of cookbooks!

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Kristina @ spabettie said...

ahh... I SO wish I could!! we live in Portland, but right now we are out of town...

I just received your book for my birthday... and LOVE it. I cannot WAIT to cook from it !

<3

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Michelle Black White said...

Melinda and Dick are wonderful. I'm so happy they are having a party for you at the Hardware Store. We have such great memories of eating there and meeting Danny when we were in Seattle in June. I'm making fresh pasta from the book here in Louisville tomorrow so we will be there in spirit!
Congratulations and have wonderful time.
Michelle B/W

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Johanna (@JosieLynne) said...

Shauna, it was SO WONDERFUL to meet you and Danny and Lu at the Whole Foods demo on Tuesday!! I'm so glad you guys were able to come to the city, and that I got to be part of it. I roasted chicken last night, and thought about our discussion of the delicious crispy skin.
I wish you guys so much luck (not that you'll need it) and I can't wait to cook something from the book!!!

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous LaurieA-B said...

We can't make it on Sunday, I am sorry to say, but we DO already have tickets for What We Talk About When We Talk About Food on October 20, and I am really looking forward to it! (Anyone who wants details: http://kimricketts.com/)

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Jules said...

I am so pleased for you guys that you time has come and that you are loving it. I can't make it to Seattle but might go to Starbucks instead and raise a mug of coffee to you both! Have your book on order at amazon and hope many, many people buy it. Good luck in the coming weeks and hugs to you all.

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous molly said...

Gah!!! The Aurora Costco was our once-a-month standby for SEVEN YEARS. And here I am, 2,500 miles away. Dang it.

Still, after a deep breath, I am OVER THE MOON you've made it into those deep stacks. I can't imagine a more deserving set of authors. Here's to hundreds and hundreds of copies, flying out the door...

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger lbmann said...

Shauna,
I was so pleased to meet you & Danny at Costco today. Ten years of gluten, dairy, soy free living has been hard for me, at times - - but you somehow manage to center me, and bring me back to a place of loving life and loving food.
As a mother, I imagined creating a home where food is delicious and healthy, and where there is no sense of suffering. You have helped with that too - - yes!
I held your cookbook close and shut my eyes, waiting for inspiration. Then I cleaned the refrigerator and imagined - - suddenly - - fish with lots of cilantro for dinner! I wonder what will happen when I actually open your and Danny's book :-)
hugs,
Laurie
(I'm the woman who traveled through China, with my girl, eating lots of White Food)

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Gina said...

We will be in Seattle from Chicago the 9th-13th. Will you be in town then and are there any events planned??

Gina

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shauna, This is the first time I have ever posted on a blog, but wanted to tell you I got your cookbook this week and I love it!! I decided 2 months ago that I would try gluten-free for a month to see if it helped with my inflammation/pain issues. Now my husband and I both eat gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and mostly all processed food-free...in just these two months I have stopped needing 600mg Ibuprofen to start my day! Your first book and blog have been wonderful help and inspiration. I have loved experimenting in my kitchen and have had some great success with most everything..even bread! My husband is thrilled with how we are both feeling with our new lifestyle. While I don't believe I am celiac, I am very certain gluten is a bad trigger for my pain. Thank you so much for the recipes and the information you have shared with me already in the last 2 months!! I am a fan for life!! Your cookbook is great!!

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I started reading your blog years ago and then last month decided to truly go GF. Thanks to bloggers like you, this transition has been so much easier than I imagined. I built it up for so many years as this impossible task. But it turns out, I am having the best time exploring this new food world. This week...I WILL find a great crusty bread recipe. It's cold and I'm cooking soup and I just know a great bread can be fab and GF at the same time.

Thanks for blogging all of your great recipes. I am so excited to pick up a copy of your cookbook soon!

~KK

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Ali Segersten said...

So glad to hear your trip was exhausting and wonderful at the same time. The party tomorrow on Vashon sounds like so much fun! Wish we could make it. Congratulations....all of you! ~Ali and Tom :)

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Aninha Padredi said...

Love your blog!!
How do I get a copy of your book? I live in Brazil...
Big hugs!

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on the book!! We'd love to have you come to Berkeley or San Francisco. Do consider a trip to sunny CA!!

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Suzanne said...

Love your blog! My birthday is coming up and I'm going to ask my husband to get me your book for my birthday!

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Melanie Tyler Kanz said...

YES! I'll buy mine at Costco (Woodinville). I was wanting to get one so this works out really well for me. I hope they sell well and they take it national. Congrats!

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Bianca said...

Oh I wish I could come and meet you; but I am sending all my love!

xoxo
bianca

 
At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Merideth said...

Shauna, I just bought your cookbook yesterday- it is beautiful in so, so many ways! Your story, the pictures, the FOOD!!! Thank you for sharing you life on these pages, and I look forward to reading more, to cooking more. This is so real to me- my 9 year old daughter got "glutenized" last week (my fault- bulk millet flour...) and lay on the floor screaming in misery... thank you for helping to bring this problem to the forefront and legitimize it so eloquently.

And by the way, how much begging would it take for you to do a book event of some sort in Atlanta?:) It's finally cooled off here, so, well, think about it?

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laurie (lbmann):

I don't know if this is kosher for a blog (sorry Shauna, this is off-topic, forgive me), but if you check back here, I would love to hear about your experiences eating gluten free in China. I am going to be traveling in China in a few weeks and expect that my diet may be limited to eating lots of white food. I will be with someone who speaks fluent Chinese but he doesn't understand the gluten free diet very well.

Anyway, if you'd like to get in touch, leave another comment and I'll include my email. Thanks!

Mary Garrard

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Tami said...

Look at you on CNN! Way to go! BTW, I'm in love with your cookbook. I can't wait for a Saturday morning trek to the Farmers Market and for the subsequent cooking to begin.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger cecelia said...

My husband and I tried your pizza recipe which was amazing. I'd like to pass along a tip about how we created ours. Recently, we purchased a tortilla press to make our own corn tortillas (so easy and so much better than store bought) but tried it to 'roll' out our pizza dough. Simply amazing! We pressed the dough between waxed paper, stacked up the crusts, and put them in the freezer. We made ours super thin but by using a bigger ball of dough and not pressing very hard, you could get a thicker crust. We've also used the press to create perfect mini pie crusts. It's so easy. I have a picture of the pizza but don't know how to get it up on this post. Trust me, beautiful.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

My husband Vic had such a great time chatting with you both at Costco last weekend -- he was the tall bald guy with a lovely two-year old girl and an equally bald baby in a stroller. I understand he extracted instructions for madeira reduction sauce from you. Thank you! We came to Impromptu several times and he salivated over that sauce. (As he's been working on recreating it, and I've been serving as his sous chef, we've had some very lovely meals.)

The book is lovely, beautifully written, beautifully photographed, and we look forward to cooking from it.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Carolyn Young said...

I have been to two Costco stores (Tacoma & Puyallup) and have not yet seen your book. Can't wait for it to come in, though.

 
At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! That's wonderful, I love your recipes, photos and inspiration. I can't wait to pick up a copy of the book for myself!

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Donna C said...

I had been planning on ordering my book from Amazon but I will ask my local Costco here in Vancouver BC to bring it in and see what they say, you never know.

 
At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Angela said...

Just went to the Vancouver, Wa Costco and sadly there was no book. Had them look it up in their system and everything.....so sad. Will look for it elsewhere. I tried! Just wanted to let you know.

 
At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Breanne O. said...

I've been eagerly checking our Costcos in Spokane, WA for your cookbook, but haven't had any luck yet. Maybe they're selling out too fast? I may break down and order it from Amazon one of these days!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home