This Page

has been moved to new address

It is official.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
/* Primary layout */ body { margin: 0; padding: 0; border: 0; text-align: left; color: #554; background: #692 url(http://www.blogblog.com/moto_son/outerwrap.gif) top center repeat-y; font: Trebuchet;serif } img { border: 0; display: block; } /* Wrapper */ #wrapper { margin: 0 auto; padding: 0; border: 0; width: 692px; text-align: seft; background: #fff url(http://www.blogblog.com/moto_son/innerwrap.gif) top right repeat-y; font-size:80%; } /* Header */ #blog-header { color: #ffe; background: #8b2 url(http://www.blogblog.com/moto_son/headbotborder.gif) bottom left repeat-x; margin: 0 auto; padding: 0 0 15px 0; border: 0; } #blog-header h1 { font-size: 24px; text-align: left; padding: 15px 20px 0 20px; margin: 0; background-image: url(http://www.blogblog.com/moto_son/topper.gif); background-repeat: repeat-x; background-position: top left; } #blog-header p { font-size: 110%; text-align: left; padding: 3px 20px 10px 20px; margin: 0; line-height:140%; } /* Inner layout */ #content { padding: 0 20px; } #main { width: 400px; float: left; } #sidebar { width: 226px; float: right; } /* Bottom layout */ Blogroll Me! #footer { clear: left; margin: 0; padding: 0 20px; border: 0; text-align: left; border-top: 1px solid #f9f9f9; background-color: #fdfdfd; } #footer p { text-align: left; margin: 0; padding: 10px 0; font-size: x-small; background-color: transparent; color: #999; } /* Default links */ a:link, a:visited { font-weight : bold; text-decoration : none; color: #692; background: transparent; } a:hover { font-weight : bold; text-decoration : underline; color: #8b2; background: transparent; } a:active { font-weight : bold; text-decoration : none; color: #692; background: transparent; } /* Typography */ #main p, #sidebar p { line-height: 140%; margin-top: 5px; margin-bottom: 1em; } .post-body { line-height: 140%; } h2, h3, h4, h5 { margin: 25px 0 0 0; padding: 0; } h2 { font-size: large; } h3.post-title { margin-top: 5px; font-size: medium; } ul { margin: 0 0 25px 0; } li { line-height: 160%; } #sidebar ul { padding-left: 10px; padding-top: 3px; } #sidebar ul li { list-style: disc url(http://www.blogblog.com/moto_son/diamond.gif) inside; vertical-align: top; padding: 0; margin: 0; } dl.profile-datablock { margin: 3px 0 5px 0; } dl.profile-datablock dd { line-height: 140%; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #8b2; } #comments { border: 0; border-top: 1px dashed #eed; margin: 10px 0 0 0; padding: 0; } #comments h3 { margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: -10px; font-weight: normal; font-style: italic; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; } #comments dl dt { font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; margin-top: 35px; padding: 1px 0 0 18px; background: transparent url(http://www.blogblog.com/moto_son/commentbug.gif) top left no-repeat; color: #998; } #comments dl dd { padding: 0; margin: 0; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

greenbanner

21 October 2006

It is official.


the contract, originally uploaded by shaunaforce.

Yesterday, something momentous happened.

The contract for my book deal arrived in the mail.

It is official. My book will be published next fall.

After doing a little dance around the sun-dappled living room — and calling the Chef as I did — I sat down and signed all eleven pages of all three copies of the contract. Then, I drove down the hill to the post office and put them back in the mail.

It's official.

Completing an entire manuscript — with 100 recipes — in only four months could be daunting. But not for me. Not right now. Now, I am simply kercited.

(Here, an explanation. My three-year-old nephew, Elliott, could not say the word "excited" for months on end. He could not wrap his little mouth around it. Instead, he said, "I'm kercited!" Everyone in the family has picked it up, including the Chef. He's family now too. In fact, the Chef and I have simply started adding ker- to the beginnings of all words. "I'm ker-happy!" he told me, when I called to tell him the news.)

I could say more, and I will, as this process continues. However, I have a book to write. Tonight, I am finishing the rough cut of chapter five. This is the chapter I am writing about all the gluten-free grains available to us, with stories of my horrible elementary-school education included. (You'll understand why when you read it.) I'm putting the finishing touches on the recipes tonight.

Would you like to eat....


date-pistachio amaranth pudding

warm millet gingerbread

quinoa summer tabouleh

roasted black cod in "forbidden" black rice flour

barbeque pork with aromatic jasmine rice

kalamata olive bread

sorghum rotis

roasted red pepper, sweet corn, and goat cheese quiche
?


Well, you can — next fall, when you can buy a copy of the book!

18 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another round of congratulations, Shauna!! How kerciting for you....I simply cannot wait to read the book.

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kalamata olive bread...ooooohhhh...bring it on, baby - bring it ON!!!!!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Hey! Too cool.

 
At 12:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mazel tov! And yes, of course I would gladly cook, and consume, every last one of those recipes.

 
At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wait, minus the pork... Since I don't eat pork! But the aromatic jasmine rice? Oh yeah!

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger David said...

No recipe for ice cream cones?

; )

...good luck, and glad you'll have help for all those dishes!

 
At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck and thanks for all you do. You make my life so much easier for me. What is the name of the book again?

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger moo said...

congrats! How excited you must be!!

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Traca Savadogo said...

YAYYYYYY!!!!! You deserve it. Congrats, Shauna. I'm so happy for you.

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited about your book! I'm struggling with the need to cut way down on carbs, for many reasons, and also being gluten free so the more of those kinds of recipes, the better. I do wish there was a way you could have a little pop out Chef of my own in the book too... ;)

 
At 2:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many, many congratulations GF-girl. I'm really looking forward to reading the book (yikes, will it be available in Australia?) . . . and I would happily eat and cook all of the above.

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger madre-terra said...

How very exciting for you and all of us!!
In our house we get "upcited".
I'll do a little ker-happy dance over here for you.

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I can't wait to get this book, for myself, and for a few people in my family that need a good smack of information right now. hurray and congratulations to you!!

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy! Looking forward to the book...and more blogging too! Congrats!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Congratulations, Shauna!
I am 'Ker-Happy' for you as well!

Angela

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
I found your blog by accident and have been glued to it ever since. My partner is Coeliac and I as a non adventurous cook I find myself cooking the same boring old stuff time after time. Not now! Will your book be available in Scotland or will I have to mail order it from somewhere?

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger CLGR said...

Can you post us a copy of the book when it comes out dear, I`ll bung you the cash in a brown Cornish envelope?!
xxx

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, olive bread please!! That is the one bread-y thing I actually miss... And the millet gingerbread sounds especially good too. Can't wait for the book (ker-book?)

Cheers,
Kim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home