This Page

has been moved to new address

bursting with happiness

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
/* Primary layout */ body { margin: 0; padding: 0; border: 0; text-align: left; color: #554; background: #692 url(http://www.blogblog.com/moto_son/outerwrap.gif) top center repeat-y; font: Trebuchet;serif } img { border: 0; display: block; } /* Wrapper */ #wrapper { margin: 0 auto; padding: 0; border: 0; width: 692px; text-align: seft; background: #fff url(http://www.blogblog.com/moto_son/innerwrap.gif) top right repeat-y; font-size:80%; } /* Header */ #blog-header { color: #ffe; background: #8b2 url(http://www.blogblog.com/moto_son/headbotborder.gif) bottom left repeat-x; margin: 0 auto; padding: 0 0 15px 0; border: 0; } #blog-header h1 { font-size: 24px; text-align: left; padding: 15px 20px 0 20px; margin: 0; background-image: url(http://www.blogblog.com/moto_son/topper.gif); background-repeat: repeat-x; background-position: top left; } #blog-header p { font-size: 110%; text-align: left; padding: 3px 20px 10px 20px; margin: 0; line-height:140%; } /* Inner layout */ #content { padding: 0 20px; } #main { width: 400px; float: left; } #sidebar { width: 226px; float: right; } /* Bottom layout */ Blogroll Me! #footer { clear: left; margin: 0; padding: 0 20px; border: 0; text-align: left; border-top: 1px solid #f9f9f9; background-color: #fdfdfd; } #footer p { text-align: left; margin: 0; padding: 10px 0; font-size: x-small; background-color: transparent; color: #999; } /* Default links */ a:link, a:visited { font-weight : bold; text-decoration : none; color: #692; background: transparent; } a:hover { font-weight : bold; text-decoration : underline; color: #8b2; background: transparent; } a:active { font-weight : bold; text-decoration : none; color: #692; background: transparent; } /* Typography */ #main p, #sidebar p { line-height: 140%; margin-top: 5px; margin-bottom: 1em; } .post-body { line-height: 140%; } h2, h3, h4, h5 { margin: 25px 0 0 0; padding: 0; } h2 { font-size: large; } h3.post-title { margin-top: 5px; font-size: medium; } ul { margin: 0 0 25px 0; } li { line-height: 160%; } #sidebar ul { padding-left: 10px; padding-top: 3px; } #sidebar ul li { list-style: disc url(http://www.blogblog.com/moto_son/diamond.gif) inside; vertical-align: top; padding: 0; margin: 0; } dl.profile-datablock { margin: 3px 0 5px 0; } dl.profile-datablock dd { line-height: 140%; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #8b2; } #comments { border: 0; border-top: 1px dashed #eed; margin: 10px 0 0 0; padding: 0; } #comments h3 { margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: -10px; font-weight: normal; font-style: italic; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; } #comments dl dt { font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; margin-top: 35px; padding: 1px 0 0 18px; background: transparent url(http://www.blogblog.com/moto_son/commentbug.gif) top left no-repeat; color: #998; } #comments dl dd { padding: 0; margin: 0; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

greenbanner

23 January 2006

bursting with happiness


FRESH TOMATILLOES, originally uploaded by shaunaforce.

Hey everyone.

I just wanted to write to say: thank you.

I found out this morning that my little website won Best Food Blog -- Theme -- in the Food Blog Awards, 2005. Gosh! This moves me, deeply, and makes me more than a little giddy.

Of course, I'm pleased for myself, but keeping the blog is its own reward. There have been so many connections with wonderful people, sweet stories, and wonderful surprises since I started this site in July. Not to mention a lot of great meals. I'm certain that keeping this site for all of you has spurred me onto greater heights of cooking than I would have reached had it just been me, alone, in the kitchen. You have all been here with me as I write. You're welcome here any time. Mostly, I'm thrilled for all of you who can't eat gluten either. Thank you for all your emails and comments, saying that I have inspired you and pushed you to eating better food. That, for me, is the best reward. That's why I'm here. And with this award, it's really gratifying to have the way we need to eat feel more recognized in this society.

Thank you, all of you, for your votes. And for listening to me prattle about the fears and exultations of this process. I'm eternally yours.

Love,
Shauna

41 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Blogger Sasha Lynn said...

"Yay, Shauna!" she says jumping up and down with glee! "I'm so happy for you! I knew you would win! i just knew it!" Breathless from the jumping and cheering she falls to the floor with just enough energy to publish her comment.

You really deserve this. And more. You are an inspiration and have made the world a better place by giving away a piece of yourself to all of us. Thank you.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger J said...

very well deserved...so glad i found your site!

congratulations...

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

CONGRATS, SHAUNA!! I'm so glad my vote for you wasn't it vain! Hurray for Seattle blogs winning as well! :)

 
At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!!! Congrats Shauna. I am so happy for you. You are such an inspiration and I enjoy your site so much. I hope you'll continue to share pieces of your cooking life, your gluten free world(which has totally opened my eyes to something I didn't know existed, thank you)and your zest for all that life has to offer you.
Way to go!!
Tammy

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Jocelyn:McAuliflower said...

Wonderful wonderful job! You've made quite the name for yourself now ;)

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Congratulations Shauna!

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Molly said...

Hip hip! I can't help but say the same to you as you said to me: this is so, so well-deserved. Congratulations, my friend. xo!

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger shuna fish lydon said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!

I am so glad to be part of this community where I can sort of know you very well.

You just keep going on with your bad self!

 
At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that all the coolest food bloggers are in Seattle... maybe some year I'll get to meet some of you. I've only been reading for about a month, but you deserve the accolades. I love your writing, and you've opened my eyes to celiac disease. I'm actually hoping to meet someone with it soon so I can impress them with some of your recipes. Until then, I plan on impressing myself. :) Thank you for sharing your recipes, writing, and life with us. You are wonderful.

 
At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Shauna, both for a creating such a wonderful "place" here, and for getting well-deserved recognition for it.

 
At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Shauna! I'm thrilled for you and am looking forward to continued good things to come ... including a recipe with those gorgeous tomatilloes in the picture. I auppose that I can wait until they're in season again though.

All the best,
- PJC

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Ilva said...

Auguroni! I'm really glad you won, both for you and for all sufferers of celiac disease! And this is the confirmation that good food is for everybody!

 
At 3:38 AM, Blogger Pille said...

Congrats, Shauna! I like your blog, and have also pointed a Brussels-based celiac friend to your site (she loves it!). As far as some of the comments at WellFed go - well, I've always found your blog upbeat and humorous! Plus that fabulous roasted peaches recipe:)

 
At 3:57 AM, Blogger Peggy said...

Congrats -- well deserved!!

 
At 4:05 AM, Blogger mc said...

Congrats, Shauna! What a well-deserved honor!

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger Cerebrum said...

Indeed well deserved! Congratulations Shauna!

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Freckle Face Girl said...

Congrats Shauna! You definitely deserve it though.

 
At 6:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
I enjoy your blog very much and look forward to more great posts.

 
At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once more, many congratulations for a great blog!
And, can I have one of those tomatilloes? ;-)

 
At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Shauna! In addition to providing a really entertaining place to hang out, what I've learned here is has led me to commit to keep developing gluten free products. Thanks for all your support!

 
At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew-hoo! Well deserved!!! You are a generous blogger with your thoughtful/enlightened posts and willingness to include other bloggers in your community. Merci par tout!

 
At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew-hoo! Well deserved!!! You are a generous blogger with your thoughtful/enlightened posts and willingness to include other bloggers in your community. Merci par tout!

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Congratulations! Very well deserved!

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go for you. Celebrations are certainly in order-- what are you going to cook?

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

We love you, Shauna! Congratulations, my gluten-free, inspiring, wonderful friend!

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Shauna! You totally deserve it! I love your site, and check it often...love all the recipes. Being celiac myself, but with 3 very young kids, one a special needs, I don't have much time to do the cooking I love. So I really appreciate all you do!

Kathryn

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Congratulations! I love the tomatillo photo.
I've just discovered your blog and am looking forward to spending much time reading through it.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Sam said...

good for you!

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger MizD said...

Woohoo! We knew it!

BIG HUGS from Chopper and me. And, girl, we are so going to get together and cook up a storm next visit to Seattle. :-)

 
At 3:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Shauna! Although I'm not gluten intolerant, it's great to have such a resource to mine for friends and family who are. Oh, and just letting you know that you've been tagged for the Wierd Meme (http://www.bibliocook.com/archives/2006/01/weird_meme.html). Best of luck!

 
At 4:50 AM, Blogger Ruth Daniels said...

Congratulations Shauna - no surprise to me though. Your blog is wonderful - beautiful both in words and pictures, and always inspirational.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger mary grimm said...

Congratulations! I voted for you, with pleasure.
And thanks for stopping by my blog.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Congratulations Shauna on a very well deserved award! Your blog has been a great inspiration to me.

 
At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! As someone who is fairly new to the gluten-free life, I've found your blog to be a friendly oasis of information and ideas. Your warmth and your love of friends and food shines through.

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You deserve it, for your wonderfully cheerful and joyful, well-written and very helpful blog! What a great and very suitable photo too.

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger kitchenmage said...

congratulations! i think you've found your audience... :-)

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Shauna said...

Thank you, my dears. And I mean that, truly -- my dears. I've been laid low with a vile virus the past few days (win a big award? win the flu), and so unable to write anything new for the blog. But reading these lovely, wonderful comments has buoyed my spirits through the fever.

Thank you. Thank you.

Tomorrow, there will be a new post. Here's a hint: chocolate chip cookies.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Cate said...

Congrats! That's a gorgeous tomatillo picture!

 
At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's a great way to start your day.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Joycelyn said...

hi shauna, congratulations! you definitely so deserved it

 
At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Shauna! Well deserved win. I've told about your site to my friend who is another gluten free girl, she loves visiting your site since then. Keep up the wonderful work.

PS
The picture of tomatilloes is absolutely gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home